A twist of Asian and Western. I don't know what was the inspiration but I knew that I wanted to make something close to the butter cheese cream sauce I've eaten many times in Malaysian Seafood restaurants usually served with crabs.
I decided to go for a slight twist with Tumeric and chilli in cream sauce with chicken. No Cheese. But using sour cream. Luckily it turned out well despite squeezing in too much lime!
This is an definite indulgent that will add pounds to my buttocks but sigh...it was yummy and infact I made more creamy sauce to be used for another dish later. So much for my diet! What diet??!!!
1) Chicken breast - cut in cubes, marinade with salt, pepper and a little starch flour.
2) Butter - 200gm
3) Tumeric powder - 1/2 Tsp
4) Chilli paste - 1 tsp
5) Sour cream - 300gm
6) Water - half a cup
7) Half a small lemon or lime (juice) - 1 tsp
1) I stir fried the chicken first till cooked with some garlic.
2) Next, put the butter in the hot pan, add in the tumeric powder and the chilli paste. Mix well.
3) Then add the sour cream, add water and mix together. Let it simmer for 5 mins. You will get a lovely bright yellow creamy sauce. Squeeze in half a lime or quarter of a small lemon for a zesty taste.
4) Put in the cooked chicken cubes and let it simmer for another 5 minutes. It's ready to be eaten.
5) It goes extremely well with rice and even bread.
Since I made a lot of this cream sauce, errr... actually because I added too much lime, I had to add more water and sour cream thus I had double the sauce that I needed for the chicken.
Thus I kept the sauce for another lovely dish. Wait for my next posting yeah!